Monday 10 May 2010

/ NEW ARCHITECTURE IN BARCELONA. A ROOM WITH A VIEW.

SEDE DE GAS NATURAL
SEDE DE GAS NATURAL
GAS NATURAL CENTRAL OFICCE


Recently I photographed the new Gas Natural central office in Barcelona for the Vanguardia Magazine. The creators are the architects Enric Miralles and Benedetta Tagliabue.
When I finished school I started Architecture at Barcelona University. I liked the image of the architect, working at home, and drawing beautiful building on a spectacular table. The reality was a complete disaster; I had no aptitude at all to convert the drawings’ two dimensions into three dimensions buildings. But, perhaps, this is not bad for photography that consists, basically, in transform the three dimensions reality into two on a paper or a screen. So I quit Architecture after the first year. Anyway, I enjoy this kind of assignments. I take my time, place my camera on the tripod and wait for the best light. Very different of the adrenaline and action of reportage, but is not bad at all.
This office supplies (and collects the money) of the gas and electricity we consume. The highest we are in the building, the top the executives, the best offices and the more breathtaking views.


TORRE AGBAR © PACO ELVIRA

TORRE AGBAR © PACO ELVIRA


I also photographed, before, the Agbar Tower ,for the Vanguardia Magazine. The architec is Jean Nouvel. The Tower is the Aguas de Barcelona central office and the relationship altitude-executives importance-views are the same than in the Agbar Tower. This building is a relevant sign in Barcelona skyline, but I decided to photograph it from Consell de Cent Street with a 300 mm tele lens; finally a 450 mm lens due to the 1, 5 conversion factor of my digital Nikon.

No comments:

Post a Comment